March 2020 Construction Update
Site I (near the intersection of Triphammer Rd. and Jessup Rd.):
- Major earthwork, foundation excavation, and underground utility work will continue for the next month, with dump trucks continuing to haul debris away from Site I.
- Concrete foundation work will continue on Buildings 1 and 2 over the next month, with concrete being delivered on scheduled pour dates.
- Structural steel and precast floor plank erection at Buildings 1 and 2 will continue for the next few months, with increased deliveries of steel and plank making their way to North Campus. The fenced-in area on Site II will be used for staging of trailers that contain steel and plank.
- Precast wall façade panels are being installed on Building 2 for the next month.
- Roofing work and building interior work will begin in Building 2 (nearest RPCC).
- Akwe:kon driveway and parking closed March 1 for a two-month improvement project.
- Jessup Road speed limit is reduced to 25 miles per hour to enhance pedestrian safety.
Site II (north of Appel Commons):
- Earthwork and topsoil removal will continue, with dump trucks continuing to haul debris away from Site II.
- Foundation excavation and the pouring of concrete foundations on Building 4 will continue for the next month.
- Concrete foundation work on Buildings 3 and 5 will continue throughout the spring.
- Structural steel erection on Building 4 will begin in April.
Remember: Detour signage, barriers, and flaggers are in place for pedestrian safety and traffic control. Please use caution and follow all instructions when traveling through the work zone.