December 2019 Construction Update
Site I (near the intersection of Triphammer Rd. and Jessup Rd.):
- Major earthwork, excavation and utility work will continue for the next few months, with dump trucks continuing to haul debris away from Site I.
- Concrete foundation work will continue for Buildings 1 and 2 for the next few months, with concrete being delivered on scheduled pour dates.
- Structural steel is being erected for Building 2. Steel and plank will be erected via crane through the winter months on Buildings 1 and 2, with increased deliveries of steel and plank making their way to North Campus. The fenced-in area on Site II will be utilized for staging and jockeying trailers of steel and plank.
Site II (north of Appel Commons):
- Earthwork and topsoil removal are underway, with dump trucks continuing to haul debris away from Site II.
- Foundation excavation and concrete pouring are underway for Building 4 and will continue for the next few months.
- Deep dynamic compaction, a ground improvement technique that involves a large weight being dropped from a crane, is nearly complete on the footprints of Buildings 3, 4, and 5.
Please note: Detour signage, barriers, and flaggers are in place for pedestrian safety and traffic control. Please use caution and follow all instructions when traveling through or near work zones.